Potato salad is the ubiquitous spring and summer side dish. There are many versions ranging from the traditional mayonnaise based to vinegar based types and cold to warm. This version is made with sweet potatoes which have shown the same versatility as their starchier cousins. The sweetness of the roasted sweet potato, the slight tart-sweet of the cranberries, and the acid punch of the lime juice helps to give this potato salad a bright flavor. This recipe comes together easily and you can prep your ingredients while the potatoes roast. Enjoy!
6 LBS SWEET POTATO PEELED & CUT 1 INCH CUBES
4 TBSP OLIVE OIL - TO ROAST SWEET POTATOES
3 TBSP OLIVE OIL FOR DRESSING
SALT & FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER – TO TASTE
3/4 CUP DRIED CRANBERRIES
1/4 CUP WATER
4 TSP AGAVE OR HONEY
1/2 CUP PEPITAS (PUMPKIN SEEDS)
1 CUP SCALLIONS (GREEN ONIONS) - CHOPPED
1/4 CUP FRESH CILANTRO WASHED WELL & MINCED
1/4 CUP LIME JUICE
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Toss the sweet potatoes with 4 tbsp olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until tender, stirring after 15 minutes.
3. For the dressing, place the remaining 3 tbsp of olive oil, water, honey/agave, lime juice in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
4. Toast the pepitas in a medium skillet until lightly browned.
5. Toss together the roasted sweet potatoes, pepitas, cranberries, scallions, cilantro, and dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.