Service that runs deep
In the food business, personal connection is everything.
That’s what Alan DeCecco and Tim Kelly realized when they began their journey as owners of the popular Powelton Pizza. Though the business has changed, our dedication to providing fresh food and service people can count on has remained the same.
In 1994, we responded to the need for affordable and reliable corporate catering, making our official debut as the Philadelphia Catering Company. After spending 15 years in the heart of University City, we decided to settle into our new home in South Philadelphia.
Our hard-working employees are what make our company what it is today. Everyone here takes great pride in what we do and understands what it means to be a part of a winning team. You’ll find camaraderie and teamwork around every corner at Philadelphia Catering Company.
Alan and Tim, two Drexel University grads, get their start in the restaurant business by becoming the owners of Powelton Pizza, a favorite hangout for nearby university students.
In lieu of starting another pizza location, we decide to create a catering business for the corporate market. Philadelphia Catering Co. is born!
2009 – Present
After serving 15 amazing years in University City, we make the move to our current home in the Gray’s Ferry section of South Philadelphia. We continue to serve University City, Center City and the surrounding Philadelphia area – named “Best of Philly” in 2021 and 2022
PCC Core Values
- Have a POSITIVE attitude – it is contagious
- Conduct business in an ETHICAL manner
- Strive to reduce our footprint, through our SUSTAINABLE efforts
- SEEK customer feedback and implement change based on it
- LEARN from our mistakes
- Take PRIDE in our product and service
- EXCEED customer expectations
- RESPECT fellow employees
- Be part of a DIVERSE cooperative team
- Be PRODUCTIVE and work hard
- Maintain a clean, safe,DISCIPLINED workplace
- Be an INNOVATOR, always look to improve
- Always strive for excellence, integrity and pride in the work we do.
- Foster a diverse environment built on respect and transparency.
- Feedback and new ideas make us better!