Chickpea & Carrot Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
This month’s Chef’s Corner recipe is compliments of the creative PCC culinary team. We have recently added this savory salad to our Garden Salad Box Lunch. It offers a boost of protein and adds a zing to a green salad or is delicious all on its own. This recipe yields ten 4 ounce portions, so it is ideal if you like to prep your meals to last you throughout the week. Enjoy!print menu
Yield: 10-4oz cups
25oz chickpeas drained
4.5oz shredded carrot
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine lemon juice, dried herbs & Dijon mustard in a mixing bowl. Whisk until fully combined.
2. Slowly drizzle extra virgin oil into the mixing bowl while whisking the Dijon-lemon mixture until fully combined.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
4. Add chickpeas and shredded carrots to the mixing bowl. Gently toss the chickpeas and carrots until they are thoroughly coated with the vinaigrette.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.